My Shopping List
Mustard-Bourbon Pork Kabobs
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 8 Min.
Marinate: 4 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. boneless pork chops, cut into 3/4-in. cubes
+ 4 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
+ 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
+ 2 Tbsp. bourbon
+ 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
What to do:
1. In self-sealing plastic bag, combine all ingredients and mix well; seal bag and refrigerate overnight, 4-24 hrs.
2. Remove pork from marinade, discarding any remaining marinade, and thread onto skewers. Grill over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, until evenly browned.
* Wine suggestion: Pour a chilled Viognier, a rose or a vin gris.
* The ingredients for this marinade are usually on hand, and create intriguing flavor notes for grilled pork. Serve with a yellow rice pilaf studded with green peas and cashews, crusty French rolls and sliced oranges in a vinaigrette dressing.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 180; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 60mg; Total Carbs: 4g; Protein: 25g; Sodium: 260mg;