My Shopping List
Peppery Beef Rib Roast
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Serve With:Servings: 8
Caesar salad and warm bakery rolls.
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 2 3/4 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 beef rib roast, small end, chine (back) bone removed (6- 8 lb.)
+ 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 oz.) beef broth
+ 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
+ 2 Tbsp. pepper seasoning blend
+ 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine rub ingredients; reserve 2 Tbsp. Press remaining rub onto beef roast.
2. Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hrs. for medium rare; 2-3/4 to 3 hrs. for medium.
3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Let stand 15 min. (Temperature will rise to 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
4. Combine broth and reserved rub in small saucepan; simmer 5 min. Add thyme; simmer 2 min. Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with seasoned broth.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir